Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY Washer Necklace


The DIY Washer Necklace has been going around Pinterest for a while, and me and my sister thought it was super cute, so we gave it a try. I was a pretty easy DIY and only took up an hour to do. Here's the tutorial to make one.

Materials Needed
  • Pliers
  • Washers
  • 10 mm jump rings
  • nail polish
  • chain (I bought one at Walmart) 

Instructions
  1. Gather all the materials for the project, and decided on what nail polish color you want to paint your washers.
  2. Paint your washers. I applied 2-3 coats for each of my washers. (Also you can paint them on both sides to make them double-sided if you want.
  3. Decide your design for your necklace and how many washers you want to use.
  4. Connect the washers to each other using the 10mm jump rings.
  5. Attach the chain to the washers and touch up any washers that the nail polish cracked off them.
  6. Your all done! Strut your stuff and have fun!

 photo Sig_zps6fb098ce.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin


Linking up with: Peacoats and Plaid, More the Merrier, Monday Mingling, Sami's Shenanigans, Monday Morning Gossip, I Love Bloglovin, Life Lately, This Weekend I, Sweet Sharing Monday, Monday Meet Up, My Greatest Hits, Monday Mingle, Monday Bloom

20 comments :

  1. Hi,

    Very cute. :)

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute idea! I love washer crafts! I made washer necklaces for my sister in laws two years ago for christmas, nothing like this though! Awesome!

    I hope you link up with us too!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this DIY necklace! Following from the Hump Day Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. Looks like something even I could do! (I'm a craft-screwer-upper...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at the Link Up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! nice!
    Found you though Wildcard Wednesday. I'd love if you'd check out my blog, too!
    New follower on bloglovin :)
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute - I need to try this!
    Pinned it!

    Samantha D
    The Kitchen is My Dance Floor
    http://cooksandcreates.blogspot.com/

    (Visiting from Southern Lovely)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love that you used nail color to paint the washers - very creative and it looks great.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    We'd love it if you would link back to BeBetsy! Grab a Button.

    Have a great weekend~xo
    Sharon and Denise!
    http://bebetsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you linked up with the Friday Flash Blog Linky Party yet? Link up your ONE best post of the week and check out other people's awesome entries. You may just get highlighted next week!

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
    http://thejennyevolution.com/category/linky-parties/friday-flash-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you via Friday's Five. This project turned out great!- J

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah. Love this and I'm crazy for that cobalt blue. Totally fun and on trend. Thanks for sharing on beColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat idea! And I absolutely love that color. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday Party!! I wanted to personally invite you to add me to your G+ circles or follow me on Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest as I’ve done the same with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE! This is a great DIY project.

    I finally made it back from my trip so my comments are late...
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Looking forward to seeing what you share this week!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuesdays-with-twist-12-with-more-guests.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah!! i really like the Idea............
    http://fashionartificialjewellery.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun and creative! So many color options too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//